Top Tips for Nutritional Simple Swaps
Hannah Macleod from the Bounce Nutritional Team and GB Gold Medallist Hockey Player, gives us her top tips for some no-nonsense, nutritional simple swaps!
So…good news; we think improving the quality of your diet might be easier than you may think. Whilst big changes and radical diets may be effective in the short-term, they are often really hard to sustain. Think back to all the new year’s resolutions you have made in the past that haven’t gone quite to plan!
Making small changes to your diet is the healthiest and most achievable way to stay unstoppable all year round! Research shows swapping just one snack a day for a healthier alternative can result in significant improvements; not so scary after all!
Small changes add up to make a big overall difference.
If you’re in it for the long haul, little and often is key.
There are some simple swaps you can make to get you on your way to a healthier lifestyle without depriving yourself of all the things you love (phew!). Start by swapping like-for-like foods. For example, if you eat toast every morning, look to choose a multi-grain or wholemeal loaf rather than white.
The examples below are just a few ways to make healthier snack choices:
- Swap a muffin from your much-loved coffee shop with a fruit bread or a Bounce Ball
- Swap a flapjack for dark chocolate
- Change your medium latte for a herbal tea
- Swap your traditional lunchtime sandwich for a chunky vegetable soup
- Swap your jam on toast for some peanut butter, or honey
- Change your bacon sandwich on the go, for a pot of porridge
- Change your preference for fried eggs to scrambled or poached
We believe in balance and everyone should enjoy foods from all the food groups. Don’t forget carbohydrates, fats and protein provide different health benefits and are crucial for a variety of functions in the body.
Choosing a snack packed with protein is a smart way to help balance energy levels throughout the day. Below are some easy ways to boost those protein levels:
- Greek yoghurt
- Hummus and bread sticks
- Peanut butter on oatcakes
- Bounce Protein Energy Ball
- Handful of nuts and seeds