Lockdown is over, life is FINALLY returning to some sort of normal, the sun is shining and we’re feeling positive! Summer 2021 is officially the one we’ve all been waiting for.
Picture this, it’s Friday night, you’ve had a long week at work, and someone has just dropped a ‘drinks tonight?’ in the group chat. Obviously, you’re tempted but you’ve been trying to lose some of that lockdown weight. Well, what if we told you, you could do both?
There are so many low cal options out there, it’s all about making smart choices! After all, life’s too short to not enjoy yourself!
So, here’s our top 5 low cal drinks to go for…
1) Vodka Soda/Diet Mixer With roughly 60 cals per single serve this is a great choice. A simple swap to diet mixer can make all the difference!
2) Prosecco For those bottomless brunchers’ amongst us, it might surprise you to learn that a 125ml glass of prosecco only has around 80 cals, winning!
3) Cosmopolitan Who doesn’t love a cosmo on a night out with the girls? Containing around 100 cals this is a great alternative to a sugary cocktail!
4) Light Beer Generally speaking, the lighter the beer the less cals, so stick to light where you can. For reference, there’s around 80 cals in a bottle of bud light vs 210 cals in a pint of Guinness.
5) Gin & Slimline Tonic If you can’t part with tonic then go for slimline, it could save you precious cals! Enjoy one of these for around 115 cals.
As ever, alcohol is there to be enjoyed but always drink responsibly.